DescriptionInter-Parliamentary Union, a global political organization offering internships for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students. Applicants should pursuing a course of study or work in fields related to the IPU’s mandate and activities. Interns will came aross how the IPU operates and enhance their educational experience by working under the supervision of a senior staff member. Internship will amount to SFr. 1,000 per month in Geneva. Last date to apply is 16th May 2014. Maximun length of the internship will be 6 months. The internship is expected to run for a period of 3 months. It should start no later than 1 June.
Field of Internship: Within the delegated authority interns’ tasks will include:
-Reviewing tagged records for accuracy and completeness;
-Tagging website content according to the current taxonomy model;
-Fine tuning the taxonomy tree to ensure delivery of targeted, relevant content;
-Other assigned tasks related to the content migration.
- Ability to adapt to an international, multicultural, multilingual environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work fairly independently or as part of a team.
- Initiative and flexibility.
- The cost of travel, insurance and accommodation, as well as living expenses, are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Interns are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and for obtaining the necessary passport and visa or other documents for entering Switzerland.
- Interns are responsible for arranging their own accommodation.
- IPU does not accept responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship.
- Interns are responsible for procuring and maintaining their own insurance coverage for illness and accidents while they are working at the IPU, and a copy of documentation attesting to such insurance coverage should be provided by each intern on their first day of internship.
- Any past work experience and knowledge of IT-related work would be an advantage.
- Close relatives of a serving IPU official are not eligible to apply.
- Working knowledge, both oral and written, of the IPU’s official languages (English and French).
- University degree or final year of undergraduate studies;
- Degrees in disciplines considered relevant to the IPU’s work, e.g. international law, economics, political science, and the social sciences.
ApplicationCandidates are requested to fill out an IPU internship application form and forward it, together with a motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae/bio-data, to the IPU Secretariat in Geneva. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted personally.
Internship Application Deadline: Applicants can apply till 16th May 2014.
For more information visit the official website HERE.